Jun 14, 2021

My Forrest Gumpy LIfe: Meeting the Most Important Man

Here's a funny story. This weekend the guy who broke down outside my studio happened to be the most important man in the world!

I was just settling down with my art partner, Garret Garrels, for a visit about the next phase of our project. We'd settled inside the pair of double doors that open out onto the street from the 2nd floor when we heard a terrible noise outside and saw a truck grind to a halt. It was hauling a boat trailer, which had come unhitched after hitting a bump. 

We went out to see if we could help and the driver turned out to be "the most important man in the world"

Or so he was called by the press last year when our former Governor Steve Bullock was running for the senate. As a blue governor of a red state (and a presidential candidate) he was running for the senate. And if he won he would flip the senate and put an end to the Trump reign. (Remember how dire that felt?) His mother-in-law also happens to live on the corner, which is where he was headed with his boat. So Garret and I dragged out a jack and helped him get the trailer back on the truck and sent him off with our blessing and a Random Gifts of Art book.  He knows me from the Montana Logging and Ballet Co., but was very gracious and thankful for our help. How many people can brag about getting that from the most important man in the world? I just love Montana!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story! It could have only happened because of your openness to the universe! Thank you for sharing.

Blog Archive

Tim Holmes Studio

My photo
Helena, MT, United States
My inspiration has migrated from traditional materials to working with the field of the psyche as if it were a theater. Many of my recent ideas and inspirations have to do with relationships and how we inhabit the earth and our unique slot in the story of evolution. I wish to use art– or whatever it is I do now– to move the evolution of humanity forward into an increasingly responsive, inclusive and sustainable culture. As globalization flattens peoples into capitalist monoculture I hope to use my art to celebrate historical cultural differences and imagine how we can co-create a rich future together.