May 1, 2011

If not me, who? If not now, when?


Starring onstage, working with Archbishop Tutu, exhibiting in the Hermitage as the first American, I've never done anything in my whole life more important than this~! I've been hatching an idea that I think will diminish evil everywhere– like an immune system for civilization! I challenge you to find any reason why it would not work!  I call it a UniversalConscience.

A Riddle-
The War on Terror, now the longest U.S. war–  having killed perhaps 1.4 million, resulting in about 4.5 million displaced persons, involving over 90 nations, eventually costing perhaps 4 to 6 trillion US dollars, never having been declared nor having a final objective, and having been ignited by a mere handful of men– is apparently the best answer we can construct to diminish evil, though that evidence is mixed. • The Universal Conscience is a global web model designed to respond instantly and endlessly to evil anywhere. It would be constructed from bottom up using free tools readily available, being inclusive, indestructible, editable by anyone and requiring of participating world citizens but a few minutes of their lifetime to be effective.
Yet one of these visions seems possible and the other quite impossible!    Why is that?


The answer to this question forms the biggest barrier to the Universal Conscience model: IMAGINATION!
This web model may allow us to survive and usher in the next era of civilization– and if not this idea then something very like it. But I need your help. 

I invite you to review this idea with serious attention. This is my vision but I don't own it. The design is the best I can imagine, but certainly not yet the best possible. It's a wiki meant to be edited by anyone anywhere. I'm setting it adrift into the world to sink or swim as it will so I can go back to welding goofy figures. If it's good and its time has really come, it will take off like wildfire. I'll of course keep refining as suggestions are made, but it's really meant to be edited by the world, and spread around it, like Wikipedia. Please help me improve it by either directly editing it directly, adding comments, or writing to me.

 
We can save the world, do it for free and do it having fun together! Start with 5 minutes...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Tim Holmes Studio

My photo
Helena, MT, United States
My inspiration has migrated from traditional materials to working with the field of the psyche as if it were a theater. Many of my recent ideas and inspirations have to do with relationships and how we inhabit the earth and our unique slot in the story of evolution. I wish to use art– or whatever it is I do now– to move the evolution of humanity forward into an increasingly responsive, inclusive and sustainable culture. As globalization flattens peoples into capitalist monoculture I hope to use my art to celebrate historical cultural differences and imagine how we can co-create a rich future together.