Apr 22, 2010

Movieland comes a-calling

I am flattered to report that an Austrian filmmaker has decided to make a film about my work!  Karin Wally has been in art museums and in the Austrian film business for a long time, but this is to be her first full-length documentary.  As well as doing some filming at Pygmalion Theater and my flat we have gone to meet her producers at Cinecraft (pictured), who are great guys, too.  We are also filming a segment at Schönbrunn palace gardens, (just down the street from me!)  In a couple weeks the crew is flying to St. Petersburg to film an interview in the Hermitage Museum with one of the curators I worked with when I had my exhibition there, Sergie Androsov.  Furthermore they will be coming to Montana this summer to film some more in my studio and surroundings. So cool!    ... I also just did a fabulous interview– maybe the best I've ever done– with  Kevin Hatton, who runs an in-depth arts site out of Ireland called Remote Viewing, which can be listened to here.  The interview will run in July.

1 comment:

Laura Loo said...

I've been enjoying reading about your adventures, but I'm glad to hear you'll be coming home. Vienna seemed awfully far away...

Blog Archive

Tim Holmes Studio

My photo
Helena, MT, United States
My inspiration has migrated from traditional materials to working with the field of the psyche as if it were a theater. Many of my recent ideas and inspirations have to do with relationships and how we inhabit the earth and our unique slot in the story of evolution. I wish to use art– or whatever it is I do now– to move the evolution of humanity forward into an increasingly responsive, inclusive and sustainable culture. As globalization flattens peoples into capitalist monoculture I hope to use my art to celebrate historical cultural differences and imagine how we can co-create a rich future together.