Feb 5, 2010

Tim Holmes Night

The owner of Vienna's Pygmalion Theater and his wife- a dance professor at an acting school- has taken an interest in my work.  Turns out that tonight the theater is producing a performance called "Dancing Sculptures- Tim Holmes Meets Brecht".   I am shy about blowing my own horn but this is really cool and I can't help myself.  The performance– at $16 a ticket– is supposed to be a surprise for me, but since I am involved in the show and I just installed an exhibition in the lobby, a certain amount of information has been leaked.  (I still do not know which of my works I am to present and dress rehearsal is at 3:00!)  I know that along with dances to the poetry of Berthold Brecht there is to be a series of dances inspired by my sculptures.   Several of my Body Psalms films will be screened and the climax will be one of my choreographed pieces, "Shikibu's House" based on an ancient Chinese mystical poem.  Then there is to be a fashion show featuring some jewelry I've made recently for a special project for the Austrian Ministry of Commerce.

What's more, I have heard that the show will be presented for a week in March as well!  This is to be my 15 minutes of fame although technically I am apparently taking more than my share. Still this is a very cool thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Tim Holmes Studio

My photo
Helena, MT, United States
My inspiration has migrated from traditional materials to working with the field of the psyche as if it were a theater. Many of my recent ideas and inspirations have to do with relationships and how we inhabit the earth and our unique slot in the story of evolution. I wish to use art– or whatever it is I do now– to move the evolution of humanity forward into an increasingly responsive, inclusive and sustainable culture. As globalization flattens peoples into capitalist monoculture I hope to use my art to celebrate historical cultural differences and imagine how we can co-create a rich future together.