Mar 23, 2009

At work with the eyes



Here outside the window of THStudio East are more subjects than you can shake a stick at. I have been noticing. Like these little churches not too far from my door, (the one far left is a tower in Hungary) which are at least as cute as this but perhaps somewhat less wiggly. Still, they are full of energy, as is much of what I see here. Somehow this style emerged out of my response to baroque design that is so evident in this part of the world. I've done a number of paintings in this vein with more to come.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Tim Holmes Studio

My photo
Helena, MT, United States
My inspiration has migrated from traditional materials to working with the field of the psyche as if it were a theater. Many of my recent ideas and inspirations have to do with relationships and how we inhabit the earth and our unique slot in the story of evolution. I wish to use art– or whatever it is I do now– to move the evolution of humanity forward into an increasingly responsive, inclusive and sustainable culture. As globalization flattens peoples into capitalist monoculture I hope to use my art to celebrate historical cultural differences and imagine how we can co-create a rich future together.