Nov 25, 2008

Such richness!


At home in Montana if we find gold we try our best not to eat it! Here it is somewhat more difficult. The gold leaf that came on my desert was really stuck, so I had a hard time chiseling it off to put in my saddlebag to take to the assay office. I ended up guilding Claudia's photo with it. (But that was priceless to begin with).

The Austrians really take their holidays seriously, we've discovered. We just went to a 2-hour presentation on just the holidays between advent and Ash Wednesday. The beginning of Dec. is just one holiday after another. I gather that is how the advent calendar came about- to help them keep those days straight. In fact there is a huge civic palace downtown- the Rathaus, that is turned into a huge advent calendar for the season. With each day a numbered curtain in one or another of the windows is lifted to reveal a different artwork. Can't wait for that!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Tim Holmes Studio

My photo
Helena, MT, United States
My inspiration has migrated from traditional materials to working with the field of the psyche as if it were a theater. Many of my recent ideas and inspirations have to do with relationships and how we inhabit the earth and our unique slot in the story of evolution. I wish to use art– or whatever it is I do now– to move the evolution of humanity forward into an increasingly responsive, inclusive and sustainable culture. As globalization flattens peoples into capitalist monoculture I hope to use my art to celebrate historical cultural differences and imagine how we can co-create a rich future together.